How shall I make a return to the Lord
for all the good God has done for me? Psalm 16:12
Each one must give as they have decided in their heart,
not reluctantly or under compulsion,
for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7
Stewardship of treasure begins not because God has need of our gifts but because each one of us has a need to return to God a truly grateful portion of our time, our talent and our treasure in thanksgiving for all the blessings that God has given us. The highest motive for giving is our gratitude for God’s many blessings to us.
How can I be a good steward of my treasure?
- Acknowledge that all of my material possessions are gifts from God.
- Understand that my offering is my “thank you” to such a generous God.
- Give in proportion to the gifts I have received.
- Strive to proportionally build toward the Scriptural tithe of 10%:
-5% to other charitable organizations of my choice.
At Holy Spirit Old Catholic Church, we appreciate the effort that you make to provide financial support to our Parish. Your support is vital to allowing us to continue to provide both a spiritual home for our members and to fund the ministries that connect us all to the community at large.
There are several avenues for you to choose from to facilitate regular, considered financial support to Holy Spirit. All of the giving methods listed below are secure, confidential and may be updated easily at any time:
- Give by EFT – on the bottom of this page, you will find an EFT Authorization form to complete, sign and drop into the giving basket. You choose the amount and frequency of your giving once, and then your transactions will happen without any further effort on your part.
- Give by App – Use GivePlus by Vanco for parishioners to manage stewardship with their smartphone via the GivePlus App. Download the app to your smartphone from your App store. This service is an alternative to using our EFT form, for those who prefer to manage their own EFT data.
- Give by Text – A secure option processed through Vanco to manage your stewardship via text. Simply text the amount you wish to donate with a dollar sign (example $50) 833-614-5157. Once your first text is received you will be sent a link to set up your payment information. You will only need to do this once, afterward, you will simply text your dollar amount and hit send. A receipt will automatically be sent to the email address you save.
- Give via cash or check – Although it is our goal to have 100% of our giving be electronic, we understand that some individuals may wish to give via cash or check. Envelopes for that purpose are available in the parish chapel foyer.
- Legacy and Planned Giving – please click this link for more details on how to include Holy Spirit Old Catholic Church in your financial planning package.
If you have any questions or require assistance with any of the above, please see our pastor, parish administrator or any parish councilor.
Thank you for your generous support of the mission and ministry of our parish community!
If you would like to begin electronic recurring giving (EFT) to support our parish community, please complete the form below and return it to the parish office. Peace and every blessing be yours.